Thursday, May 7, 2015

Passport Application Sent!

I haven't left the country since I was 5.  I have no plans to travel any time soon but if the opportunity wants to present itself I definitely want to be in the position to be ready.

I don't know if you guys know this but it could take 4-6 weeks from the time an application is submitted for your passport to arrive.  Assuming you'd want to pay the minimum cost that is.

Standard processing time cost me $165 for a Passport book and card.  I guess technically one does not need a passport card but I rather have both just in case. A passport book is good for travel by air, land, or sea whereas the passport card is only valid for seaports and land border crossings.

So... now I wait.  I'm glad I got it started any way. That is one less thing I'd have to worry about.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I'd spend the money on it unless I knew I'd be traveling overseas at some point in the future.

    ReplyDelete