Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mission CLEAN OFF DESK Accomplished!

Oh gosh, it's been quite a while since I've posted on here.  I was inspired last night to clear off my desk.  I was watching a movie when I realized that I haven't worked on anything on my computer desk for weeks and when I looked up I saw a mess.  It was quite ridiculous.  I decided it was time to clean it off and give myself a new slate and try to make this a more productive corner.  So here it is - I just need to make sure I keep it clear and organized. *smiles*



The way I see it... a desk should only have the things that are used regularly and everything should be easily accessible.  Knowing what I have and where it is will save me a lot of time AND money.  When I cleared and cleaned everything out I found THREE staplers.  Why the heck did I end up with three staplers? Because when I couldn't find something I just bought it again. What a terrible habit, who else is guilty of this?


This won't be the first time I admitted this... I have an obsession with pens.  I found a BUNCH of pens that I dare not count how many I had in my possession however... I took a giant step last night and selected pens that I felt I would never use put it in a bag and took it to work.  Others can use it, I can use it, and I won't care if customers or co-workers take them from me.  Well, not as much anyway. *smiles*  I stowed away the other "regular" pens that still had caps and were full of ink and I was happy with the way they felt when I wrote with them in designated ziplock bags (one bag for black and the other for blue).



...and all of my "fancy", "preferred", and "everyday" pens are easily accessible on my desk top all that work so no more random scribbling on scratch pieces of paper.

9 comments:

  1. That desk went through one amazing change! This reminds me of someone going through plastic surgery! My desk is quite messy as well; I have tons of pens and pencils everywhere. Thanks to you, I realize that I need some sort of pen holder on my desk for all of these loose pens and pencils. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fiestargossip, any luck on your desk organization? It takes some self discipline for sure to keep it tidy and cluttered but do something often enough it is bound to become habit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to keep my desk clean at all times. I can't stand things out of place. I keep nothing on it except my computer. I dust it all the time. When sitting at it, everything goes in a specific place, ashtray, cigs, liter, soda or whatver, all aligned and at specific angles. Or whatever else. I take my area seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same thing sometimes. I have 1,000 freaking pens/pencils just because I love school shopping and bought them for cheap. LOL I have the stupidest habit!
    I did the same thing as I left my parent's house, it was nice to see how clean my room was when I got everything packed in my car. I actually felt like I could LIVE in my room as opposed to whatever I was doing before. LOL
    http://erinnicole.nu

    ReplyDelete
  5. First things first!
    I am obsessed with pens too :D

    I kinda ask my mom to give me a new pen for every exam(starting exam).
    Now,I have lots of pens.I just love watching them *-* ..Well...I do use them..now and then...

    Anyway,the way you arrange is quite cool.Many of us are likely to ignore our own arrangements and we just throw our belongings (just like that .....without bothering about where that particular item actually belong).so be careful and try not to mess up your arrangement ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you managed to clear off your desk efficiently. Hats off to you.

    A clear desk is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh yes, a clean desk--what a great feeling! On my desk, I have a space for everything that I use and I try to discipline myself that when I am done with things, I put them back where they go. My desk is my work station, so why not keep it clean. Nice to see you've taken the time and cleaned off your desk and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the same way as you. The only difference is that when I get everything cleaned up and looking nice, then a week later it is back to all the clutter somehow. This is something that I definitely need to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really try to keep my desk clean, but it's not easy. Especially at work. Many mornings I have come in to a nice cleaned desk, not spent most of the day at it, and it'll be a mess from things that have been dropped off on it all day long from my employees.

    Adding mailboxes for the each of our depts' supervisors has helped, but it still finds a way to turn into a pile of papers each night.

    ReplyDelete