Thursday, April 2, 2015

Book Challenge: Read 50 Books in 2015

So I realize that I am already 3 months behind but I want to do this challenge! No, I AM going to do this challenge. Here are the following reasons why:

Free time: I am in the position right now where I have ample free time. As much as I love Netflix binging and sightseeing in beautiful California weather - now is the best time for me to do a challenge like this.

Opportunity to declutter: I have so many books in my "to read" pile - finally reading these books will hopefully free up my space.  I will also try my best not to add more into this collection. Read then sell, trade, or donate - this is going to be system!

Seeking inspiration: My creative side has remained dormant these last few years. I really want to start writing again (e.g. poetry, stories, etc).  I believe forcing myself to read 50 books this year will help encourage my creativity again.

Bragging rights: Hey, I think that this is a valid a reason as any! How many people can say they've read 50 books in a year and have done so voluntarily?  Yes, I am totally in this for the bragging rights! ;)

5 comments:

  1. I can totally relate about the creative side remaining dormant part. I used to want to write so much a few years ago, but lately I've been slaking off so much and got caught in the internet world. Hopefully, I'll get back to reading and writing sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you can totally relate to my situation right now. =) Good luck with that Constantin, what I've discovered about doing difficult things: don't think about it or plan it, just do it and make changes when applicable later.

      Delete
  2. This is a good goal to have for the year. One, I believe reading to be a relaxing way to spend my time. It allows me to get away from all the stress that has accumulated through the day and just let it go. Two, I believe reading does inspire you to do or be more creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes reading I feel is almost like watching a movie it temporarily takes you away and ultimately becomes another form relaxation. :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Sharon,
    I personally believe this is a good goal to have. However, if it was me I don't think I would ever be able to read that many books in one year. I can hardly read one without getting bored now days.

    ReplyDelete