Friday, April 3, 2015

Frameless 20/20 Vision - Contact Lenses

I finally got around to doing my eye exam the other day.  It's been three years since my last one.  My prescription went from -1.25 and -1.75 to -2.00 and -2.25, oh gosh I am getting more blind!  They were actually really nice at EYE MD at Ryan Ranch. Jennifer K. Sablad was very personable. I felt like she was genuinely willing to listened to me.  It made sense when she told me that she recommends I use daily contact lenses since I don't plan on wearing them so often.  In the long run I can save more money because a 30 day supply could possibly last me at least 60 days just depending on my usage.  She also mentioned that we probably need to look closer at my eyes because it appears that I have a larger than typical optic nerve.   She said that my insurance will probably cover it most likely, they just need to get permission first and she'll let me know when they get approval. It could be totally normal and something that I was born with or if it gets worse something that we really need to address because people with large optic nerves tend to develop Glaucoma


She gave me these free samples to try this weekend. I'm supposed to decide which one works better for me. There is about $1 difference between the two so price is really not a factor at this point. I've been using the 1-Day Acuvue Moist with Lacreon which I am finding extremely comfortable so far. I forgot what brand I used to have over a year ago but they were the type I could use for a week.  Compared to those these are really thin. I had a hard time at first getting them in because it's been so long.  Removing them though is an absolute breeze.  Next I will try the Dailies AquaComfort Plus - I will update this post after I try them for a couple of days and let you know what I decide to get.

Update:
I decided to get the 1-Day Acucue Moist with Lacreon.  There is not a huge difference between the two but I find that applying and removing these are better than the AquaComfort Plus.  They both felt good once they were on my eye - totally doesn't feel like they are there at all.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your eyes problem. I really hope things will get better. It's always great when doctors are friendly and helpful. Why do you prefer contact lenses over glasses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a valid question. I don't wear contact lenses all the time but there are some liberties that I love to take advantage of when I do wear them and still have 20/20 vision including: wearing sunglasses, 3-D glasses when watching a 3-D film, and no glare whenever I am posing for pictures! =)

      Delete
  2. Please do update on this. I have been considering getting contacts for the same reasons you do. I am sorry to hear about your eye problem but I hope the doctor you used was a good one. I've always liked my eye doctor so I hope to keep her for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've updated my original post. :) Contacts are very convenient but at the end of the day I think there's nothing easier than just throwing a pair of glasses on.

      Delete