Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Mocha Hot Chocolate - Yummy!

The weather here in Monterey has been on the colder and gloomy side lately - perfect weather for hot chocolate!   You see this mug?  If you go to Starbucks or Target you will see this mug for sale for the price of $9.95.  I found it at the local Goodwill Store for $0.99.  What a steal right?!  I personally do not like drinking coffee from it because it's so big that before I can even get halfway my coffee is cold and I find myself having to top it off more often than my smaller mug.  However, it is PERFECT for hot chocolate.  Whenever I have left over coffee I save it.  That's right you DO NOT have to throw away your left over coffee if you decide not to drink it all.

5 Things You Can Do With Leftover Coffee

  1. Put it in ice cube trays.  They are perfect for a homemade frappe or ice coffee (that's right no more watered down icy drinks)!
  2. Use it in your next chocolate cake or brownies baking session (coffee flavor makes huge difference)!
  3. Use it to make Mocha Hot Chocolate
  4. Make Thai Iced Coffee
  5. Use it in your oatmeal instead of milk. 

3 comments:

  1. $9.95? really, why is that price for? that seems more expensive in my country :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do you live Chadook? The price of the mug is $9.95 in the retail store. Why? Because they know there are some people that will still buy it.

      Delete