Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Simple Escape


I wrote this Prose back in 2005 - gosh, that was 10 years ago.  My ultimate goal is to get back into creative writing.  In hopes of reviving that passion again I will begin to post my original works.  Your comments would be greatly appreciated as always.  Thank you for reading.  This one is called, "Simple Escape."


I love going to used book stores. There is a treasure to be found in here, but there is no map. There is no X to mark the spot. I am wrong. There is not one treasure to be found here, there is gold every where. Every book, every paragraph, every poem, in every page there is something new to discover. All you ever wanted to find are in these pages; you just have to know what you're looking for. History, biographies, romance, science fiction, non-fiction, choose a world to explore and there is a book in these crowded aisles that can get you there. Choose a genre that you want to escape to and there will be pages that will take you there.  
Imagine... authors spent hours perfecting each page to match their satisfaction. As a writer, one should know how much time is required to get what you want to say down on paper. There is an average of two-hundred pages in one book. At least 400 hours were dedicated to each masterpiece. A writer is an artist of words and each page that they are willing to share with us, is a page of their soul. A writer shares pieces of their soul with us. A writer is a master of their soul. Yes, a book is a masterpiece. 
I know you must agree. You are the reader and in this particular moment, it is your attention that I have earned. I have said things that interest you. Perhaps you could relate that is why you are still here. You may be thinking that my writing is simple. That is all right with me because using difficult vocabulary is not my intention. I am not writing for a stranger who is going to determine whether I deserve a score of three out of four.  
I am still an amateur writer. Even the term 'amateur' I feel I don't deserve. I have yet to gain the experience and the will to create a masterpiece such as a book, but I am sharing a piece of my soul. It is not possible for one to completely share every thing they keep inside for even words can be limiting. For now, I am simply a writer who reads and has great respect for old used book stores. Who are you? Are you a writer? Perhaps you have something to say. I have provided a moment of escape for you. Go ahead, and do someone else the favor.


1 comment:

  1. Very good, Sharon. Your escape is, indeed, my escape. I encountered your seduction with metaphorical words and became truly enthralled as I traversed each word within your sentence. Your vocabulary was not intended to be difficult, but your metaphors were captivating and sufficient to hold my interest to write these words of praise. Your blog is your unique way of sharing a part of your soul with your readers.

    ReplyDelete