Friday, April 10, 2015

My Dogs' Everyday Routine

Dogs LOVE routine.  I've got two puppies (well I call them that because they're small lol)  Kimo is the long haired chihuahua mix he is 10 years old and Balthazar is the short haired one who is 3 years old.  Today I wanted to post about my routine with them.

At 9:30AM – I take them out to walk  then let them eat breakfast. Then they hang out with me while I mess on the computer or watch a movie.

12:30PM -  I let them out again. 

Then they hang out with me as I clean the apartment and read a book.

If I plan on leaving the apartment I put them in their kennels.  I find they are much calmer when I leave them there.   When I get back I take them out to walk again which is usually around 4-5PM.

Then we hang out just around the apartment again then the last time we go out is around 7:30-8PM.

They seem to really like this schedule and every time I divert from it I suddenly find they form selective hearing and they just generally get anxious.  Dogs are funny like that!  I am only able to have this routine for them because I currently don't have  a day job. It will be interesting to see how my routine with them will change in the future.


Do you have dogs? What is your everyday routine like with them?

8 comments:

  1. I had had a dog.
    Well, it died and I really don't want to talk about it...as it hurts even now.
    I loved it and as a kid(I am 10 or something like that), I kicked it a bit. I couldn't handle the strength of chintu(that's the dog's name) and often I had to punish it to keep it, under control.
    Chintu loved my touch though. I loved petting him.
    Well, as I was young I couldn't say I was attached to him, and I barely remember my activities with him :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that. Do you think you'll ever have a dog as a pet in the future? Dogs are a lot of responsibility and I don't encourage just anyone to have one. When one gets a dog it's kind of like adopting a child I think. You must be willing to make them a part of your family until they pass away as in provide for them food, shelter, love, and attention. The wonderful thing about dogs they are always loyal and will be there for you no matter what they don't care about your history, what your job is, what your plans are, they don't judge you at all and are forever just wanting affection.

      Delete
  2. I wish i had dog, but sadly, mom didn't approve having dogs inside the house, btw how did you get them to like the routine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just naturally like having a pattern I think. It didn't take much I just take them out at those times every day.

      Delete
  3. It looks like you have a pretty good routine with your dogs. I am lucky if I get to take my out at all. I have school from 8:15 AM, I leave around 6 AM, then I get back at 4:30 PM. Then I go to work and stay until around 6:30-7 PM. About the time I get home it's dark. So, I don't really have time like you do. I wish I did though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's why I don't recommend just anybody to have a dog you have to be willing to spend the time with them. I'm sure you make time for your pup though to some extent.

      Delete
  4. My dog is use to a routine also. My work schedule changes from one week to another, however, my husband works the same hours every week. So my dog always knows when he gets home. And she always knows the sound of the garage door opening means that one of us is home. It love getting to come home and there is someone that will always be happy to see you, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! They are very loyal and just never loses their love. It's amazing.

      Delete