Thursday, August 21, 2014

Camera Fund Established

Tonight I decided to establish a Camera Fund for myself.  Photography is a hobby I really want to get into.  I enjoy taking pictures with my Samsung WB150F.  However my next upgrade is going to be Canon's Rebel SL1 I love the idea of taking really awesome landscape pictures, portraits, and more.  I am hoping to fill up this jar with all the loose change I find in my car, house, street, any where and also continue to declutter and hopefully sell some items to help me reach my goal.  Right now the camera is being sold for $499 and with the 18-55mm STM lens it is running for $649.  With the purchase of a memory card and other accessories I am thinking the total cost would be around $700-$800. So... there are two motivating factors that I am using with this camera as my ultimate prize: I am to either get to my optimum body weight of 110 lbs or fill this jar with the amount that I need to make this purchase whichever I get to first. *smiles* Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck!So how much did you save( so far)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to hear you have created a separate fund for getting a camera. I hope you will get the required fund very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's possible to do, you just have to be patient. My parents went on a $1,400 vacation using nothing but loose change, albeit it took over a year and a half. However, I think it should be quicker for you since the amount is smaller. Though, if it's a hobby for you, I have faith you;ll get it to work :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on getting your camera! I am doing the same thing but I am saving up for a new Macbook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck in raising the cash for camera. I advice you to also check the site called "gofundme", there are lots of kind people who would help you get the fund, you may need to add it to your facebook and twitter to get more people but end of the day result will be much quicker.

    ReplyDelete