Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pizza My Heart Supports Local Library

Pizza My Heart is my favorite pizza place here in Monterey, California.  Granted, I've only officially eaten at two different pizza places so far but yes I exaggerate not that this is my favorite pizza place here. :) The first time we ate here a few weeks ago we each got a slice and ate at the restaurant.  (It's a lot like Sbarro, but taste even better!) We chose to have pizza tonight specifically because they had this deal going on where if you eat there tonight they will donate 30% of what we spent to the Monterey Public Library which is pretty awesome in my opinion.  It's a great marketing strategy but it's also a very generous offer for a great cause as well. 

We ordered the Big Sur pizza which features: cloves of roasted garlic, organic tomato pizza sauce (bonus points for no GMO!), pepperoni, sausages, portobello mushrooms, and green onions.  We also got a nice Greek salad on the side.  Something else that I've discovered here in California...I love marinated artichokes in my salad!  I convinced Jared to order us a whole pizza so we can also bring it home.  This will allow me to have pizza for breakfast!  Is that weird? 


6 comments:

  1. Looks Delicious, and it would be normal to have salty food for breakfast, i ate lasagna for breakfast in the morning, that's not weird ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that I'm not alone in this department! I think leftover pizza tastes so good in the morning!

      Delete
  2. The pizza you listed sounds so delicious. Sadly I am way off from California or I would try some of their pizza. Thank you for sharing, but now I am mad that I do not get to eat any :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely one of the better pizzas I've had anywhere. I still say my husband's homemade pizza is the best though. :)

      Delete
  3. I L-O-V-E supreme pizza. It is my favorite. My husband won't eat supreme because he doesn't like any kind of vegetables (just like a kid, I know). Luckily, the place we like to go to get pizza offers a buffet, so he can get the pizza he likes and I can get the pizza I like. And it's not weird to have pizza for breakfast. I've done it myself on many occasions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes another member of the pizza for breakfast team! ;) I guess I got lucky there my husband likes veggies on his pizza. I think that was one of the bonus points he earned when we first started dating when he had asked me what kind of pizza I'd want to order he didn't cringe when I said veggie pizza and I was pleasantly surprised to see that he wasn't just trying to please me he genuinely enjoys veggies on his pizza. :)

      Delete