Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Visting Big Sur

Last weekend my husband and decided to take a drive down to Big Sur.  I've never been there and the place had apparently left an impression on him 3 years ago.  After visiting I can now see why.  Big Sur is BEAUTIFUL.  Evidently the name Big Sur derived from Spanish "el sur grande" which means "the big south."
Big Sur, California March 2015

If you're in the area I recommend visiting for the sight seeing but I do encourage you to pack your lunch because the prices at the restaurants nearby is not exactly your average Jack-in-the-Box or Taco Bell.  We shared a buffalo chicken sandwich, potato chips, and a pickle and that was already $11 before tax. I do have to hand it to the Big Sur Taphouse the sandwich was really good and the staff were very friendly.  I took several pictures while we were there but this one I have featured in this article is my favorite.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice place. Is it a beach or just some trails?

    That restaurant price seems like it is becoming the norm. $11 is starting to become the average price I think for burgers. A lot of places in my area are edging their prices for burgers up towards that as well. Some are even over it already.

    But $11 does seem a little pricey for a chicken sandwich especially when it only comes with chips! Hopefully they were homemade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those rocks near the water seem fascinating. Are visitors allowed to go down those stairs and climb on the rocks, or are the waves too dangerous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never personally heard of Big Sur... I think the image you took looks beautiful and I am very interested in checking this place out. However, I would need to pack my lunch because I do not plan to pay that much for something so small.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That's a beautiful sight, Sharon. Again, I am impressed with the scenery and the impression of serenity expressed by the photo of Big Sur. In another comment to your blog post, I stated that I am planning to visit California this year. Your posts and images about different spots to check out in California are inspirational. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete