Saturday, April 18, 2015

Homemade Mocha Frappe - Cost estimate: Less than $1

Every morning we make coffee and if I'm not really feeling like drinking the rest of the pot I like to put the remainder in ice cube trays.  This homemade mocha frappe may have cost me $1 but most likely even less than that.  If I were to go to a coffee shop and order this then it would cost me at least $3.75 I think, plus whatever surcharges they add for substituting in soy milk. If you haven't done this at home it's really not as much work as it may sound and it's delicious.  As for me, Jared no longer has to hear me gripe about how they made mine a little too sweet.  I will post my recipe at the bottom of this post but feel free to customize it for your liking. I do not add any sugar but you can add some if you like your frappes sweeter.  I haven't tried it but I'm sure one could also add in caramel or peppermint.  If you end up trying this let me know how it turned out and how you made yours, I would love to hear from you!

Sharon's Homemade Mocha Frappe Recipe
Ingredients:
8 Coffee Ice Cubes
1 Cup of Soy Milk
2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup
Whipped cream

Instructions:
In a blender mix the coffee ice cubes, soy milk, chocolate syrup.  Of course you can always change the measurements to your preference.  I like mine really pureed but that's up to  you if you like yours with larger chunks of ice. Pour into tall glass.  Add whipped cream and drizzle a little bit of chocolate syrup on top. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious, and thanks for sharing instructions and Ingredients, these Ingredients are available in my country :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful. I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know how it turned out if you decide to move forward and try doing this yourself. ;)

      Delete
    2. Sure thing, i'll make sure of that! :D

      Delete
  2. Even though it's only $1 and not overpriced *cough*Starbucks*cough*, most girls are not going to go for it. They prefer their valley girl drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that there are many girls who go to Starbucks, heck I love the occasional Starbucks run as well. However, I think guys are just as guilty. ;)

      Delete