Friday, April 17, 2015

Balthazar - The Hyperactive One

I think that is the perfect word for this little guy.  I remember when I first got him he used to howl like a wolf.  I will have to try and hunt that video down somewhere.  It was sooooo cute!  So yes, he is constantly running around and getting into things.  I always need to have him within my sight because I'm too afraid he will do something he's not supposed to do.  I once had to take him to the vet because it looked like he couldn't close his mouth all the way shut.  He was still eating and running around like he does but his mouth just would not shut.  I had my friend Isabela hold him down while I examined his mouth but I could not figure it out.  The vet looked and with a tool that looked like pliers she was able to unlodge a piece of a ballpoint pen cap.  Somehow it had wedged in between his teeth and gum was black so it blended in with the inside of his mouth.

Balthazar is actually really friendly and will let anyone pet him.  It is when you don't acknowledge his presence that he goes crazy and barking. Poor Kimo, sometimes he will look at me with an expression practically screaming "get him away from me please" because Balthazar just wants to play all of the time.  It is not unusual to see Balthazar running circles around Kimo as he just lays on his blanket.  Kimo's a bit of a grumpy grandpa though and Balthazar knows just how far he can annoy him. I rarely ever catch Balthy sleeping and when he does it is not very long at least in the day time.  At night time though he snores. lol

2 comments:

  1. My sister had a dog, Angel, who was extremely hyper. She would rarely ever sit/lay down and relax, she was always up and about. Have to admit, that I'm not a huge fan of hyper active animals. I prefer the mellow, laid back ones. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Balthazar can be mellow...for about 10 minutes, after a 2 mile walk anyway. lol

      Delete