Monday, April 27, 2015

Shawie's Feeling Blah....



I'm going to be turning in a little earlier tonight.  I am feeling sick.  Not so much like I want to throw up, it's not a headache... just that blah feeling.   Drank water, now some hot tea, and I'm going to go sleep early and see if that fixes me.  The hubby says that it might be the lentils we ate yesterday.  He says that he thinks he read somewhere that if lentils aren't cooked all the way it makes it really difficult for our digestive system to process.  I don't really feel like looking it up right now.  I am writing this entry because I am DEDICATED to this blog.  ...and I have a valid excuse to why this entry doesn't really contain anything useful or interesting. lol  Tomorrow I will research lentils and update this so it's not too useless. Goodnight!

Update:
So I feel much better today. I don't know maybe I was just really tired last night.  It may or may not have been due to lentils.  Lentils have a lot of beneficial nutrients e.g. fiber, protein, iron, etc... I read though that one can consume too much.  Lentil have phytic acids which isn't as dangerous as it sounds...it just means that lentils naturally keeps its nutrients in so your body tends to not absorb the nutrients in its entirety.  Just like nuts in moderations they have good fats but one should not eat a whole lot in one sitting as it is more beneficial when consumed in small amounts.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sharon. I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better. Maybe the early sleep is what you really needed. As stated in one of your earlier post, a good nap can reduce stress. :)

    ReplyDelete