Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sir Percy - The Majestic Cat

I remember I was at work when I got the text from my husband asking me if he could bring a cat home from visiting his dad.  Apparently his aunt had been leaving food for him but never let him in the house.  Also, at the time they believed he was a girl.  It wasn't until we took him to the vet where it was determined that he was actually male but had been neutered already.  At the time while we thought he was a girl, I wanted to call her Persephone after the queen of the underworld in Greek mythology.  Jared thought that name was too long anyway.  To my delight when I found out he was in fact a boy I insisted we call him Percy and the name stuck especially when called him Sir Percy when I first met him.  The name sounds like the name of a gallant knight or something!


I had a pretty strong feeling that we were going to adopt a cat anyway because my husband has always been more of a cat person.  Percy is the sweetest cat I have ever met even sweeter than my former cat from when I was a child named Oreo.  Most of the time Percy is really good, minds his own business, and keeps to himself most times however when he is hungry or his litter box isn't clean you will know about it.  There is no ignoring Percy.  He also has this tendency to go completely limp once you hold him. It never fails he looks totally at ease when you carry him. We absolutely love this cat no doubt about it.

2 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable little story. I know a friend who had a very similar story about how they fed a homeless cat until they decided to take it in and keep it as an official pet. I love the name Percy as well! I will agree that Persephone may have been too long ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cat! :D, i like black cats, but i hate "bad luck" rumours those spread about black cats :/

    ReplyDelete