Friday, May 1, 2015

May's Challenge: Daily Food Diary

In the month of April I successfully posted a single blog every day for the whole month! Yay!  Now I still plan on blogging once a day but on the side I've decided to take on a new challenge for the month of May.  Every day (all day) I will write down what I eat.

Why do I want to journal what I eat?  I want to do this because I know it will make me aware of what I am eating and how often I am eating.  It will make me consciously aware of what I'm consuming.  

I will not post it on this blog on the daily basis because I think the work would be redundant. Besides, why would anyone care what I ate every day?  However, I will include what I've eaten so far at the bottom of this post simply because I'm talking about it.  

Overall my aim is to eat healthier foods on the regular basis so I'm not going to drive myself crazy by counting my calories or anything like that.  I'm just going to watch my portions and opt out on high fat contents as much as possible. They say it's not healthy to lose more than 2-3 lbs a week so by March 31, hopefully I will lose 8-12 lbs.  Wish me luck! ;)

Friday, May 1, 2014 

7:32AM
1 cup of oatmeal (which is WAY too much I will cut it down to 1/2 half cup tomorrow)
8 pieces of pecan
2 tsp of brown sugar
2 tsp of peanut butter
1 cup of coffee

12:11PM
2 cups of mixed salad
1 tsp of feta cheese
2 pieces of artichoke
drizzle of fat free zesty italian dressing
1 glass of water

1:31PM
1 cup of brown rice
lentils
chicken
1 class of water

2:23PM
Snap peas

5 comments:

  1. In this day and age, they often say a lot of stuff is or isn't healthy. It gets to the point of 'Eh, whatever'. My mother has been on this long, annoying path to get as healthy as possible. It doesn't make too much since considering at her age, she is very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spend several months last year logging all my food and it really does help you put in perspective what and how much you eat. I've cut a lot of unhealthy things out of my diet (namely most fast food) and have been working on trying to cut my portion sizes. It's crazy when you go to restaurants and really should be splitting your meal in half because they're so large. The thing I have the most trouble with is beer because it's more of a hobby but there's a lot of calories in it plus literally no nutrients lol
    I hope you're able to stick to your logging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea for those who want to have a healthier diet. Putting down exactly what you're eating on paper is a lot better than just stuffing your face without thinking about it. I wouldn't do it myself of course, but if I needed to change my diet I would.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How has the journal been going, Sharon? Good luck with it. I did something similar to that couple years ago, but I used a app/website conjunction called My Food Diary. I was trying to make sure I got the correct amount of servings of each food groups. I managed to do it for a year, and after that I didn't need to journal anymore because I just "knew" what food group I needed to eat if I haven't already and it was just ingrained in my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks healthy; i like eating Salads, it's simple, and healthy.
    How did it go Sharon?

    ReplyDelete