Thursday, April 30, 2015

Floyd Mayweather VS Manny Pacquiao

Whether you follow boxing or not, chances are you have heard about these famous boxers.  The anticipated fight is FINALLY happening.  After years of negotiating the fight is finally happening. To catch the fight you have to do one of the follow:

  • Pay HBO $90 for standard viewing or $100 for HD
  • Team up with some friends/family and split the bill
  • Go to a restaurant/bar that is playing it and pay a cover charge $10-$35
Apparently they are trying everything they can to prevent people from illegally streaming the fight.  The businesses that do decide to pay to view the fight are apparently being charged around $5000.  It's crazy!  Whoever wins or loses will walk away regardless millions of dollars but what is at stake: pride/bragging rights.

Me, personally I want Pacquiao to win because he represents those of us that prefer to be humble and grateful for what we have.  There are too many cocky and "entitled" minded people out there in the real world.  Yes, it's all about the skills in the ring not so much outside of the ring but they are both GREAT fighters and I believe it's going to be an awesome fight.  Mayweather has crazy good defensive skills which will be to his advantage.  I hope Pacquiao doesn't act too hastily and use his speed and accuracy to his advantage to get Mayweather out of his comfort zone.

The fight will be held in Las Vegas and it will start at local time 8PM.  Will you be tuning in?

Here is a clip presented to you by HBO - I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I did! ;)


2 comments:

  1. I've never been into boxing, but $90 for a fight? possibly $35? That seems way too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge boxing fan but I have never paid for a fight until Mayweather-Pacquiao. I have to say after the fight (Mayweather won) I would say it was not worth $100.

    Mayweather ran the whole time and Pacquiao was frustrated. Not exactly a Mike Tyson fight. But it was a once-in-a-lifetime fight that I just had to see in full HD. Pacquiao is the better fighter and man even though he lost, but I do respect Mayweather's skill at defensive fighting and the fact that he wasn't as cocky as usual before and after the fight.

    ReplyDelete