Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Home Remedy: Stomach Ache

This morning after breakfast I had a stomach ache. I didn't know what caused it. Perhaps it was eating too fast. Maybe it was due to the icy cold water that I drank too fast.  It could be because of both - I couldn't tell you the cause.  However, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you a home remedy that I learned from my mother.   Whenever you have a stomach ache or cramps you do not have to go straight to medication to relieve the pain especially if you're at home and you're in position to relax.  I took an empty water bottle and filled it with HOT water from the bathroom sink.  I then placed it directly where it hurt.  The bottle was hot but not enough to burn me.  It's important for you to protect yourself and gauge whether or not the bottle is too hot. If the bottle is too hot you can take a shirt or some kind of light linen to protect your skin from the heat.  I felt instant relief as I held the water bottle next to my stomach. Eventually I fell asleep and took a nap for about 30 minutes. When I woke up I felt better!

4 comments:

  1. That's great! I didn't know this.I can use this remedy in the future :D
    Until now,I kinda take nap for some time (_ _)
    Pretty lame right? TT.TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stomach ache tends to cause unpleasant feeling. Quite frankly I hate it every time I have stomach ache.

    I am glad you have found a remedy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have actually never heard of this. Great advice, I believe that I will try this technique out the next time I have a stomach ache.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I have never personally heard nor tried this technique. However, it seems like a very well established technique that I will try in the near future. I get stomach aches every now and then, and I usually take some medicine for it, but now I know some medicine free techniques thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete